Friday, May 27, 2016

Celebration in the Classroom!

This past week I had an assignment that required me to find a poetry book that could be applied in a pre-k through 3rd grade classroom. The book that I chose was Punctuation Celebration. I honestly thought that I would use the book for the assignment and that would be the end of. Instead, I have found the first MUST HAVE book for my future classroom!

This book uses poems to explain the roles of different punctuation marks. Each punctuation mark is a contestant in an elementary schools field day. Each punctuation mark has its own poem. At the end of the story, the punctuation marks and the words all come together to win field day my making a correctly punctuated sentence.

If you are looking for a fun twist to teaching proper punctuation, I highly recommend this book!!


No comments:

Post a Comment