Saturday, May 21, 2016

The Little Lessons

When was the last time you read a children's book? As I mentioned in my last post, I recently began taking a children's literature class at my University. Since the first day of class, one thought has not left my mind. I keep thinking about how it should be required for every adult to read a children's book at least once a week. Children's books teach the simple lessons of life that are so easily forgotten. I recently read a book titled The Little White Owl which teaches a lesson not only about being yourself, but also about accepting others for who they are. I know that I personally can apply that lesson to my life as I attend college and meet so many new people.

So here is my challenge to you:
     Once a week, set aside ten minutes of your time and pull out a children's book. Spend five of those ten minutes reading the story and then spend another five thinking about what that story means to you now. I feel quite certain you will enjoy it! 

If you need a book to get started with how about...

No comments:

Post a Comment